What to do if a student is injured:
Safety Information for New Faculty and Staff
• One page with great links including emergency safety through training and general resources.
• Faculty and staff can redistribute chemicals free of charge. The Chemical Redistribution Program reduces expenses and volumes of chemical waste generated. Please see the “Chemical Redistribution” section of the EH&S Waste Disposal web page. See the list of chemicals available.
Chemical Hygiene Training
• For the current Chemical Hygiene Training Schedule and online training opportunities.
Online Training – University of Pittsburgh Department of Environmental Health and Safety (Pitt EH&S)
• Chemical Hygiene Training
• Compressed Gas Safety
• Hazard Communication Training
• Nitric Acid Safety training
• Safety Training for the Department of Chemistry
Chemistry Safety Links
Hazzard Assesment in Research Laboratories – ACS – 2016
Journal of Chemical Health and Safety – ACS. Elsevier. — https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-chemical-health-and-safety
Microflex® 93-260 Thinnest Chemical Resistant Synthetic Composite Disposable Glove — www.ansell.com information page
Not Voodoo X — University of Rochester. National Science Foundation supported
Safety Letters C&EN — Chemical & Engineering News
The Safety Net — Alexander J.M. Miller (UNC, Chapel Hill) & Ian A. Tonks (Univ. of Minnesota, Twin Cities)
The Safety Zone by C&EN — Chemical & Engineering News
Please send suggestions for additions and corrections regarding the safety webpages via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.